Thursday, September 8, 2011

Sea Shell Crown

I got a desire for crowns so I decided to make a couple. I have been collecting sea shells and I decided to decorate one of the crowns with shells. I'm not finished with this crown yet, it needs more shells and I want to glue sea stars on each star on the crown. My husband and I decided to make a trip to the coast and I wanted to take some photos of the crown in front of the ocean, so, I had to take the crown with me unfinished. I want to share with you how I made this crown.
I made a crown of cardboard.
I covered the cardboard with newspaper dampened in a mixture of flour, white glue, and water.  The cardboard crown becomes flexible because of  the wet newspaper, so I put a support under the crown and let it dry completely.
Then I covered the entire crown with All-Purpose Compound. I put two sticks underneath for support, because it was bending a little, and let it dry.
When it is totaly dry it is good to rub it with a wet sponge to smooth the compound.
Then I started to decorate the crown with shells
I really like how the crown turned out. It looks like a crown made of stone-- I think it looks wonderful with the shell.

I wish you a wonderful day and surround yourself with beautiful things that make you happy.

 



11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks amazing, I lake it!
Great and very creative work!
It would be my pleasure to be my follower:)

Nice weekend Katty:)

ann said...

The shell crown is so unique and very pretty.

The Charm of Home said...

Well that is super cool! You got my attention and I zoomed right down here. Lovely photographed down by the sea. Love it! Thanks you for linking it up to Home Sweet Home!
Sherry

Unknown said...

...oh-so-lovely! your crown+my seaside chariot= FABULOUSNESS!!!
~ and i too, ADORE Loreena McKennit:)
xo, Rosemary

Honey at 2805 said...

This looks amazing and so artistic!

I would be delighted if you would join Potpourri Friday with this or one of your creative project! Link up is also current. Incentive: A giveaway!

Honey at 2805 said...

I am happy to say I am following you!

Anonymous said...

I stumbled into your blog during a blog crawl. Glad to have found you. you have a sweet blog with great ideas. Thanks for having me. Tammy

I'm having a GIVEAWAY if you would like to put your name in.

Honey at 2805 said...

Who would have thought that something so beautiful would have started with cardboard? Adorable and so inventive!

Thanks for linking up Potpourri Friday. You are a real asset to the success of this party and I appreciate you! I will look forward to seeing what you create for next week!

MARIA DEL CARMEN said...

Hola , bienvenida a "mi ventana"

Gracias por tu visita , por tus palabras y por hacerte mi seguidora. Yo también te sigo y he añadido tu link a mi directorio de blogs.

Felicidades por tus trabajos , son excelentes!

Tendré en cuenta lo que me comentas del paso a paso de repujado en estaño. Intentaré buscar un momento libre para hacerlo , es algo entretenido y precisamente lo que me falta es tiempo.
Haré lo posible por publicarlo o pasártelo por mail.

Gracias por tu amistad!
Un fuerte abrazo!

Daphne Nicole & Lynda Cade said...

Oh, your sea shell crown is so pretty!
Daphne

Completely Coastal said...

I've never seen anything like it. Beautiful and original!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...