Monday, December 20, 2010

Nativity Scene Collection

O little town of Bethlehem, how still we see thee lie. Above thy deep and dreamless sleep the silent stars go by; Yet in thy dark streets shineth the everlasting light. The hopes and fears of all the years are met in thee tonight. For Christ is born of Mary and gathered all above while mortals sleep, the angels keep their watch of won-d'ring love. O morning stars, together proclaim the holy birth, and praises sing to God the king, and peace to men on earth...(Text: Phillips Brooks,1835-1893)
******

How beautiful are the nativity scenes. I just love them. I decorated my mantel with one of my lovely nativity scenes, and I wanted to share my little collection with you.



I made this nativity scene with clay that I found at a craft store, this clay in particular can be baked in a regular oven. I love the natural terracotta color.


The simplicity of white.


 This was my first Nativity scene that I bought when I was newly-wed, it is made of porcelain, and I love the vintage look that the figures have. In Venezuela we traditionaly display the nativity scene in our homes. Baby Jesus is who brings the presents, and we open the presents on the 24th at midnight. Some Family can't hold the anxiety so they open their presents early in the morning. Some groups of people gather and sing serenades to  baby Jesus in the manger, and they go singing from house to house. I was living in the city, so I didn't have the opportunity to see those singing groups, but I have heard people talking about them.
This is a link with a traditional song, "Nino Lindo"


I love the baby's pink cheeks.


 I want to wish you a wonderful Happy Christmas and a Prosperous New Year. Thank you so much for reading and following my blog, and for your beautiful comments. I really appreciate it. This motivates me to create new projects, share them with you, and improve my self.

 ~Have a wonderful day and come back soon~




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!!!
Kisses and regards.

Kelsie from Our Country Home and Studio Photography said...

What a lovely collection...I am a huge fan of the "willow" figurines so of course adore the first set featured.

Thank you for sharing your lovely traditions also, it is interesting to learn how different countries and cultures honor our Lord at this time of year.

Blessings Kelsie

happyone said...

You have a lovely nativity collection. I only have one but I love it and put it out every year.
A very Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Happy@Home said...

You have a beautiful collection of nativities. I really like how you displayed the one on your mantel with the greenery and nests. It looks so pretty reflecting in the mirror too.
The one you made out of clay is gorgeous. You seem to have no end to your talents :).
Merry Christmas to you too.

Unknown said...

so beautiful and dipicts the story of christmas so well. Have a lovely christmas and i hope a magical new year. Dee x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...